Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexa McLaughlin Alexa McLaughlin is offline

Default Pictures won't stay still

I am using Word 2007, but have had this problem in previous versions. If I
place a picture on a page, it won't stay still. If I put it into a text box
it changes size. How can I make it stay in place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you don't need text to wrap around the picture, set its text
wrapping to "In line with text". It will then behave like a character
of text. That's the most stable positioning. You can make this the
default wrapping for inserted or pasted pictures by going to Office
button Word Options Advanced and setting the dropdown.

If you do need text to wrap around the picture, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm for some tips.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman