Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bonnerje bonnerje is offline

Default Clearing Recent Documents Listing

Word 2007, click the Microsoft logo in upper left hand corner for pull down
menu; along with it is a listing of "Recent Documents" viewed. How do I clear
that shaded box? It used to clear automatically but now just keeps adding
documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

Check this out:-

Office Button (top left hand corner).

Word options (lower right hand corner).

Advanced (on left hand side) / then, on right hand side under Display, first
option is:-

Show this number of Recent Documents

You can set the above to zero if you want to.

Thanks.

"bonnerje" wrote:

Word 2007, click the Microsoft logo in upper left hand corner for pull down
menu; along with it is a listing of "Recent Documents" viewed. How do I clear
that shaded box? It used to clear automatically but now just keeps adding
documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm for a variety of
methods of clearing the list including a method to clear all but the pinned
items