Confused

Default Keyboard malfunction??

Okay, so normally when I highlight a block of text and hit backspace or type
something, the highlighted block will be erased, right?

Say, for instance, I type asgtasgaskdgjaksjgasjgdl, highlight it, and hit
the key 'A', the asgtasgaskdgjaksjgasjgdl is replaced by the letter 'a.'

But for some reason, on Microsoft Word 2003 (I think), it doesn't happen. I
have to highlight and hit delete in order to remove chunks of text. =(

Please help! This is very annoying!
Jay Freedman

Not a malfunction, just an option setting. Go to Tools Options
Edit and check the box for "Typing replaces selection".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman