Wiley C

Default choppy scrolling

Word 2002, Office XP Standard

After installing Nikon's PictureProject, many problems occurred. When I open
any Word Document, and scroll using the mouse wheel, "page up" / "page down"
keys; or holding down left click button [ index click for your lefties ], the
scrolling is choppy & slow.

I've already tried to fix it:
disabling IE's smooth scrolling;
re-enabling IE's smooth scrolling;
uninstalling N PP;
running XP's restore.

Problem occurs also in safe mode.

Problem does not occur if I copy a word doc from my PC & use the file on a
different PC.

I fixed the associated problems [ below ] by removing spyware.

Also, slow to load Win XP Pro SP1; opening any folder, to include "my
computer" took a long time, and the folder background cycled between the
background & default white.

Thanks for your help.

WC
Word Heretic