nanner130

Default How do I change level in Org Chart?

I recently created an org chart with my manager as the top person. Now, she
wants me to add her bosses above her.

I can't figure out how to do that.

Can someone help me?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Nanner,

In Office XP and Office 2003 there isn't a built in
feature that allows you to add either to or above
the original top level in an org chart.
You can using a drawing canvas (Insert=Picture=New drawing)
and transfer your existing org chart elements via the
clipboard but you'll need to do your own layout spacing
after that and connect using the Autoshapes=connctor
tearoff menu from the Word drawing toolbar.

Stronger orgchart tools are the ones in MS Office Visio
or http://orgplus.com Orgplus is the 'bigger' version
of what used to the the MS Org chart v2 applet. MS Org
Chart V2 can be downloaded for use in Office 2003 from
the Office 2003 Resource Kit at
http://microsoft.com/office/ork/2003
It does allow you to add a manager level above the original
starting manager.

======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

nanner130

Bob:
Thanks for your answer. I read your response, and I just went into
htto://microsoft.com/office/ork/2003 and I can't figure out what and where to
download. I'd like to add this for the future.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Nanner,

The MS Office Orgchart 2.0 download is available from
the 'Downloads' link on the ORK 2003 page.
The downloads link will take you to
http://microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2003ddl.htm

=======