Seth

Default Editing Downloaded templates

I am having trouble editing a template that was downloaded from MS earlier
today. The template needs to be changed to facilitate my needs obviously,
but everytime i open the .dot file i can't seem to edit the header/footer or
any other fields on the template.

The .dot is not read only and i have unchecked the ready for archiving flag,
i'm also sure that i'm opening the template file as well. I am completely
stuck. There are no document properties that i can see in FileProperties
that would prevent me from editing this, i'm also logged in as an
administrator on my domain and machine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In many of the MS-provided templates, objects that are in the header area
are not actually in the header layer but in fact are anchored in the
document body. If you're dealing with graphics, text boxes, etc., check out
this possibility. And I assume you've already tried Tools | Unprotect
Document?