flylake

Default Word 2003 losing information from Word 2000 docs

I am a recruiter and read up to 200 resumes a day. Today is my first day
using Word 2004 and it is taking resumes that were created using tables, or
using MS OFFICE resume templates and removing all the header information
including addresses, telephone numbers and email information.

If I save the file, the information is gone for good. If I don't save it
and then send the file to a machine that has Office 2000, the correct
information is displayed.

Why is Word 2003 deleting this information? Can this error be fixed or do I
have to remove Office 2003 and go back to Office 2000?

flylake

I unchecked that box and it did not fix the problem, however if I click the
page divider line, that does. Is there any way to keep it so I don't have to
click the page divider line very time?

"flylake" wrote in message
I am a recruiter and read up to 200 resumes a day. Today is my first day
using Word 2004 and it is taking resumes that were created using tables,

or
using MS OFFICE resume templates and removing all the header information
including addresses, telephone numbers and email information.

If I save the file, the information is gone for good. If I don't save it
and then send the file to a machine that has Office 2000, the correct
information is displayed.

Why is Word 2003 deleting this information? Can this error be fixed or do

have to remove Office 2003 and go back to Office 2000?

If you cleared the check box then you were telling Word *not* to display the
white space.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have not seen or heard of any such behavior in Word 2003. Are you sure

you
don't just have the white space hidden? See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.