SueDickinson

Default Setting Thesuarus Language to English Canadian

I am using Windows XP and Word 2003. I want to use the Canadian dictionary
and thesaurus. I have changed the language that defines default behaviour in
Microsoft Office applications to English Canada and have set the default for
the Normal template for new documents to be set to English (Canada) in Word.
However, when I open the Thesaurus it comes up with English (UK). Is there
not a Thesaurus for English (Canada)? If there is, how do I change this
setting?
--
Sued
Shauna Kelly

Hi Sue

Follow Cindy Meister's instructions at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

You have to get the Windows, Office and Word languages lined up so that they
are all using Canadian English.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"SueDickinson" wrote in message
I am using Windows XP and Word 2003. I want to use the Canadian dictionary
and thesaurus. I have changed the language that defines default behaviour
in
Microsoft Office applications to English Canada and have set the default
for
the Normal template for new documents to be set to English (Canada) in
Word.
However, when I open the Thesaurus it comes up with English (UK). Is
there
not a Thesaurus for English (Canada)? If there is, how do I change this
setting?
--
Sued

SueDickinson

Shauna:

Thank you for the information. I had already set up the machine as Cindy
Meister has instructed and my Thesaurus still is set to English (U.K.).
Perhaps there is no English (Canada) Thesaurus is available. Does anyone
know this??

Sue