Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sam[_5_] Sam[_5_] is offline

Default Spelling and Grammar Checking

The generally accepted, proferred, official acronym for the Department of
Defense in the United States is "DoD," not "DOD." No matter how I try to
change the dictionary and autocorrect settings in Word 2007 (and earlier
versions) the DoD acronym is always flagged as either a spelling or a
grammatical error. I can eliminate the spelling error, but when I do so the
grammatical error is still detected and the grammatical rule that was
supposedly applied is completely irrelevant to the situation. This is very
frustrating.

(Please test your suggested solution before you respond. It may not be as
easy to fix as you might think.

Thanks!
--
Sam