Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Compass Rose Compass Rose is offline

Default Update field within a text box

I'm using Word 2007.

I created a template with a REF field in a text box that refers back to a
bookmark created with an ASK field earlier in the document. When I create a
new document using this template, all of the ASK and FILLIN prompts come up,
but the REF field in the text box does not update automatically. If I click
in the text box and hit F9, it will update, but I would like it done
automatically. Is this possible?

TIA
David