Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Default Fewer normal template problems with Word 2000 or 2002?

I have enjoyed some things about Word 2007, but I keep having problems
with macros and templates. I am wondering if (a) macros increase the
likelihood of corrupting the normal template in 2007, or (b) if the
older versions of Word had as many template problems. I have used Word
in 2000, with Office 2003, and now with Office 2007 and I don't ever
recall having as many problems as I've had with 2007.

What I'm thinking is that if it is simply a macro problem causing
corruption, I would simply use 2007 without the macros (they're nice
but I can live without them). On the other hand, if the 2007 template
is just gonna corrupt regardless, I can try older versions (I still
have CDs for them)--unless, of course, the normal template has always
been corruptible.

If the answer to both (a) and (b) is "yes," is there any other
workaround? Can one open word from another template--could I make one
based on the normal, rename it, then have Word open that?