Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TheManWithNoName TheManWithNoName is offline

Default Word 2007 Outline Level changes keep on reverting

Hi, I'm trying to tidy up the formatting of a 120 page report in Word
2007, which was written by someone else and originally based on a Word
2003 Template / doc. The main problem is with the Outline Level - text
(some Normal text, some text formatted as Captions, but not others,
some Bold Text, some Italics, etc.) which should be Body Text appears
as Level 1. When I change it to Body Text in Paragraph formatting,
close the document and re-open it, it usually retains the Body Text
formatting I want, but when I open it a second time, it's reverted
back to the old formatting. This means the Table of Contents and the
Document Map are a mess.
I've tried copying and pasting the text into a new document, as
Unformatted Text, and re-formatted everything as it should be, but
I've just re-opened the doc and some of the text has reverted back to
Outline Level 1. It's driving me insane. Any suggestions?
Thanks, David