kimjor

Default Why do my Word 2002 documents open so slowly?

I have Windows XP Pro, SP1.I Microsoft Works, plus Word 2002 came
preinstalled.I have created a lot of Word data documents. When I click on the
document's name,[in 'My Documents' folder], it takes almost a minute before
the document finally opens onto the screen. Yet data base and spreadsheet
documents [part of Microsoft Works] open almost immediately.
I have used less than 1/3 of my hard drive space, and have 512 RAM.
Any idea what is going on only with Word 2002 documents?
Would appreciate any help.
Kimjor