Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EscanabaEccentric EscanabaEccentric is offline

Default Why does my MSWord Document Freeze

I have a large word document, 773,200+ as of today. After each and every
keystroke MSWord freezes for about 30 seconds. Why? Another keystroke another
freeze for 30 seconds?

It can't be the number of words in the document because I have another large
word document, 806,800+ words and the entering new data to this document is
normal, with no stoppage of keystrokes.

Autosave is set at 10 minutes.

What can I check and/or change in the 773K word file to get it to process
normally?