Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default How do I add a hyperlink to specific location in another document

I have two word documents. I want to jump from one document to a specific
location in the other document. I can jump to the other document, but
haven't figured a way to make it go to the bookmark I want it to.

For example, I have a hyperlink in Document 1. I want that hyperlink to
take me to Chapter 4 of Document 2. In Document 2, I have a bookmark named
Chapter4.

According to the field code help for HYPERLINK, you can add a switch for
location (/l), but I have not figured out how to properly format it so that
it works.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.