TechKnot

Default Unable to perform save as in Word 2003

I have a VP user when she tries to save any word document even a new one she
recieves a Macro error "The Macro cannot be found or has been disabled
because of your Macro security settings."

This prevents her from saving anything.

Some things tried:

Office Repair, Rebuild normal.dot, change macro level to low
Will be uninstall and reinstall offcie 2003 suite.

I was looking as the support Macro as an option but never used it before.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions

Truly appreciated,

MGD
Shauna Kelly

Hi TechKnot

This message appears if Word is trying to run a VBA macro, and it can't find
it, or has been told not to run it.

It sounds like the menu item or toolbar button that the user invokes to save
the file has been attached to a macro, but Word can't find the macro. If you
have already deleted (or, better, re-named) normal.dot, and let Word create
a new one, then we know the menu or button assignment wasn't in normal.dot.
So it must be in an add-in.

Try Tools Templates and Add-ins. If there are any add-ins listed, delete
them one by one until you find the culprit. For more information about
locating add-ins and identifying add-ins that load when Word starts, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx.

Through that process, you should be able to establish what add-in is
assigning a macro to the menu item or toolbar button. If you now decide you
want to run it, then at Tools Options Security Macro Security, set the
macro security settings to Medium. Close and re-start Word. If prompted,
agree to Enable Macros and see if it now works.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"TechKnot" wrote in message
I have a VP user when she tries to save any word document even a new one
she
recieves a Macro error "The Macro cannot be found or has been disabled
because of your Macro security settings."

This prevents her from saving anything.

Some things tried:

Office Repair, Rebuild normal.dot, change macro level to low
Will be uninstall and reinstall offcie 2003 suite.

I was looking as the support Macro as an option but never used it before.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions

Truly appreciated,

MGD

TechKnot

Wow Shauna:

What a great idea I will try this and let you know the results...

Thanks again this is a great challenge

MGD