MorTTime

Default Word tool settings and commands in Explorer

Everything is as it should be when I open a doc from Word program. But as
soon as I open them from windows explorer...I lose all my Word drop down
commands under edit, view, format, tools, etc...and my toolbars are screwed
up, like word has a different default setting. It is a pain to fix [cause all
the tools I use are missing] all the time and to navigate from within word
sucks. Normal template has been set to default made no diff, however now I
get asked to save modified normal more often. Tried changing word toolbars
when in explorer opened doc, but does not remember them. Tried to do repair
in word no help, my done something wrong not sure. If I reinstall Office
basic will I lose all my data? [calender, contacts, mail]
I need Help...sorry to say.
--
Thank you for your help.
TF

First try reregistering Word (See first FAQ): if that doesn't work, try the
second FAQ.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissngMenusEtc.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"MorTTime" wrote in message
[...]
: --
: Thank you for your help.

MorTTime

Here is the answer to my problem:
My file type was not associated with Word, but with Explorer.

...."Go to CONTROL PANEL - FOLDER OPTIONS - click on the tab FILE TYPES..
associate .doc files with Microsoft Word..

I think what may be happening is that documents opened from Windows Explorer
are doing so in WORDPAD.."...

"MorTTime" wrote in message
[...]

TF

Well the first solution I recommended worked then!

Terry

:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: First try reregistering Word (See first FAQ): if that doesn't work, try
the
: second FAQ.
:
: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm
[...]