Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mellowest Mellowest is offline

Default Populate a second field from a Drop Down Menu

Hello,

It seems I have chosen to do an impossible things, so here I am asking for assistance.

I am using Word 2007. I inserted a drop down menu into the document. What I would like to do is populate a second location so that it mirrors the selection in the first.

I am aware that I that I can use a legacy form field and link to it by bookmarking it and using {REF}.

My problem is that I cannot (or do not know how to) use a form field as a drop down menu, and that I cannot reference a 2007 drop down menu with {REF}.

If anyone knows how to do this, or how to get me started with a VBA option, I will be eternally grateful and name my first boy-child after you.

Many thanks,

Mellowest.