mmna123 mmna123 is offline
Junior Member

Default tabs

I'm creating a word document that will be a mail merge. In the headings I have titles like "Employee", "Emp ID", "Location", etc. So in the mail merge, there will be information inserted next to these. How do I set these so that the headings don't get pushed to the right when data is inserted. In other words, I want these headings to remain in place, no matter what information is inserted next to them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Default Help! - Mail Merge

Hi,

I am trying to do a mail merge with a document
that has 2 tables in it (created in word).

which version of Word?

IF one of the tables is blank, I want the
entire table/headings to NOT appear on the
letter....can this be done?

Maybe. The tables are filled by what sort of data? Which merge fields
are used, which not? What are the conditions? Depending on the
conditions you probably can use a field (If ... Then ... Else):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...005187676.aspx

--
Cheers
Lisa [MS MVP Word]