Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob[_7_] Rob[_7_] is offline

Default Converting Word 2002 doc to PDF

I have a 122-page document set in Word 2002 that I'm trying to convert
to PDF.

I can do the conversion, but the final PDF document comes out to 141
pages because of differences in formatting.

I have been assigned a 125-page limit for this document, and I don't
want to go into it and make changes to accommodate this problem in
conversion.

Is there any way that I can convert this document to PDF and come out
in the end with a 122-page original document?

Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Peter wrote, this should be a straightforward task. If the problem is with
Word's built-in PDF converter, you could install one of those free converters,
such as CutePDF; it will add a printer icon and you should then print to PDF.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob" wrote in message

I have a 122-page document set in Word 2002 that I'm trying to convert
to PDF.

I can do the conversion, but the final PDF document comes out to 141
pages because of differences in formatting.

I have been assigned a 125-page limit for this document, and I don't
want to go into it and make changes to accommodate this problem in
conversion.

Is there any way that I can convert this document to PDF and come out
in the end with a 122-page original document?

Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bobmaria57@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:00:01 AM UTC+5:30, Rob wrote:
I have a 122-page document set in Word 2002 that I'm trying to convert

to PDF.

I can do the conversion, but the final PDF document comes out to 141

pages because of differences in formatting.

I have been assigned a 125-page limit for this document, and I don't

want to go into it and make changes to accommodate this problem in

conversion.

Is there any way that I can convert this document to PDF and come out

in the end with a 122-page original document?

Thanks very much.

I have used Kernel for Word to PDF in the past with success. It don't change the formatting of the word document and convert the word document to the pdf file with same formatting and same number of pages. Try it once
http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/word-to-pdf.html