Uncle heFTy Uncle heFTy is offline
Junior Member

Default editing multiple index entries in word 2011 for Mac

Good morning,

As a 'newbie' here I'm hoping that someone will be able to help with two problems;

1) I am in the final stages of editing an authorised biography running to 250+ pages and it will contain many index entries, some of which are for the same thing or person and I am trying to find a way of editing multiple occurrences of the same entry. Can this be done and if so I'd be pleased to have your assistance.

2) Part of the same project (its a music biography) means that I would like to be able to index songs from the same band/artiste as follows: A paragraph or sentence might not contain the band name but may have upwards of three or four tracks listed - how can I have an entry for each that shows the band name and then the track?

Thanks in advance
Uncle heFTy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

I am trying to find a way of editing
multiple occurrences of the same entry.

have a look at this article:

"Create or edit an index"
http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/offic...8-cbd7c1f5ae92

--
Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

A paragraph or sentence might not contain the band name
but may have upwards of three or four tracks listed -
how can I have an entry for each that shows the band
name and then the track?

create an Index entry for each track es as described he
"http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/fi-fi/word/item/6d7df416-39c9-46c0-8888-cbd7c1f5ae92"
However, the band name has to be a Main entry, the tracks have to be
Subentries.

--
Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Uncle heFTy Uncle heFTy is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi,

A paragraph or sentence might not contain the band name
but may have upwards of three or four tracks listed -
how can I have an entry for each that shows the band
name and then the track?

create an Index entry for each track es as described he
"http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/fi-fi/word/item/6d7df416-39c9-46c0-8888-cbd7c1f5ae92"
However, the band name has to be a Main entry, the tracks have to be
Subentries.

--
Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]