Adele Van der Merwe Adele Van der Merwe is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy How Do I Add A Header And A Page No On One Page

Hi

Please help me I am trying to add a header and page no on a page, the problem is when i create my header and then add a page no it changes the header e.g. my header is to the right of each page and my page no is at the center of each page please assist.

Regards

Adele
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How Do I Add A Header And A Page No On One Page

You're in the Header area of the page, right? (You double-clicked in the
top margin.)

Type your running head at the right, where you want it, then type a Tab
character, then insert your Page Number (the button for it appears in
several of the Ribbon tabs), then add a Tab Stop to the ruler where you
want the page number to be.

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 10:13:19 AM UTC-4, Adele Van der Merwe wrote:

Please help me I am trying to add a header and page no on a page, the
problem is when i create my header and then add a page no it changes the
header e.g. my header is to the right of each page and my page no is at
the center of each page please assist.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which version of Word are you using?

If you are using a ribbon version (2007 or later), after you have inserted
header content via the Header gallery, insert the page number manually by
clicking in the header and pressing Alt+Shift+P. Tab stops will help you get
the placement more precise.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP