Karen

Default Merge from Excel to Word

Using Excel 2003
I wasn't sure if I should put this on the Excel message
board or the Word message board - Is it possible to have
an Excel spreadsheet with names and addresses and mail
merge this information into a label in Word?

Thank you
CyberTaz

Hi Karen-

Absolutely! It helps a lot to make sure that each data item (First Name,
Last Name, City, State, Zip, etc.) is stored in a separate column or 'field'
in the Excel file and use the appropriate captions (field names) in the first
row of your data.

When you create the main doc (form letter) in Word and go to ToolsLetters
and MailingsMail Merge, just follow the instructions in the Task Pane and in
Step 3 choose the 'Use an existing list' option, click Browse, and select the
Excel file as the Recipient List.

HTH |:)