NinjaNeko

Default certain text in color

Hi, I was wondering, is there any way to make certain text in color as you
type? For example, I want to make anything I type between brackets [ ] red,
as I type. I need to make editing remarks in the brackets, and I want them
to be highlighted, without having to change the color manually every time. I
also want to make changes to the document that don't get highlighted, but are
just regular text - that's why if I use "track changes" to write in color, it
doesn't really work, because it changes the color for everything I type...
Thanks so much!
Jay Freedman

NinjaNeko wrote:
Hi, I was wondering, is there any way to make certain text in color
as you type? For example, I want to make anything I type between
brackets [ ] red, as I type. I need to make editing remarks in the
brackets, and I want them to be highlighted, without having to change
the color manually every time. I also want to make changes to the
document that don't get highlighted, but are just regular text -
that's why if I use "track changes" to write in color, it doesn't
really work, because it changes the color for everything I type...
Thanks so much!

Define a character style that includes the highlighting. Assign a keyboard
shortcut or a toolbar button to that style. Whenever you type an editing
remark, select it and apply the character style. If you want, you can first
type the brackets and apply the style to them, then type the remark between
them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Drop-Down Text Color Bob Sadler Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 08:33 PM
How can I change the color of the font for help text on forms? fergie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 05 09:31 AM
Changing 'trace changes' to permanent text color? Alexander Kluge Microsoft Word Help 2 January 21st 05 05:55 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
I'm trying to change the text shadow color from gray to a darker . Chachilynch Microsoft Word Help 2 December 21st 04 12:54 AM