Millette

Default Numbering words

Is it possible to have word visibly number each word in a document.
--
Chris Millette
Network Administrator
Charles Kenyon

You could do it with a macro but what are you trying to accomplish? I doubt
you want a document with a number following each word. Probably a more
elegant macro would be one that would report on the number position of a
selected word when the macro is run.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Millette" wrote in message
Is it possible to have word visibly number each word in a document.
--
Chris Millette
Network Administrator
Community Bank & Trust

Charles Kenyon

For me such a macro would be an hour project. For a vba expert perhaps 5-10
minutes. For a child unfamiliar with programming computers, a lifetime.
Perhaps the teacher simply wants the child to learn numbers.

Word does have a Word Count field that will give you the total number of
word in a document.

I guess one solution would be to create a SEQ field, paste it in front of or
behind each word in the document and then select the document and update the
fields. Don't think I would spend the time, or have my child spend the time
without a better explanation of the reason for the exercise from the
teacher.
--

"Millette" wrote in message
Is it possible to have word visibly number each word in a document.
--
Chris Millette
Network Administrator
Community Bank & Trust

This could be automated by copying the SEQ field and then using Find and
Replace to replace each space with a space followed (or preceded) by ^c
(Clipboard contents).

A more roundabout way would be to replace spaces with paragraph
marks, autonumber the paragraphs (using a numbering style that did not
include any punctuation), convert the numbers to text, then replace
paragraph marks with spaces. If the original text contained more than one
paragraph, it would be useful to convert the paragraph marks to something
distinctive first so that the original paragraph breaks could be restored.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...