shakey

Default starting word 2000

Old user-new problem.
I have been using word 2000 on my Win98 system for a long time with no
problems. Now when I call it up I get the "word 2000" flash screen and
system hangs. Excel and PowerPoint function correct.
Forcing a reboot, CTRL/ALT/DEL twice,gets me that system resources are low.
Checking prior to booting word see using only 23% resources, and lots of
drive space. Ran spyware/virus checkers and come up clean. Ran Scanreg and
its says all OK.
Almost forgot:: uninstalled and reinstalled office 200 three times-same
result.
Any thoughts or troubleshooting help appreciated, running out of hair to
pull.
Mel

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Have you cleared out your temp folder?

See this article...

Maintaining Your Computer
http://www.mousetrax.com/maintain.html

Good luck!

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:58:38 -0700, "shakey" wrote:

Old user-new problem.
I have been using word 2000 on my Win98 system for a long time with no
problems. Now when I call it up I get the "word 2000" flash screen and
system hangs. Excel and PowerPoint function correct.
Forcing a reboot, CTRL/ALT/DEL twice,gets me that system resources are low.
Checking prior to booting word see using only 23% resources, and lots of
drive space. Ran spyware/virus checkers and come up clean. Ran Scanreg and
its says all OK.
Almost forgot:: uninstalled and reinstalled office 200 three times-same
result.
Any thoughts or troubleshooting help appreciated, running out of hair to
pull.
Mel

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

(I've now added this link to my Maintaining article, too.)

Dian ~

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:12:49 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm for some
troubleshooting tips.

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 07:11 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM
how to convert wordperfect 5.0 floppy files to word pcoelho Microsoft Word Help 2 February 17th 05 06:55 PM
copying files from Wordperfect to Microsoft Word Juliet New Users 1 January 31st 05 05:41 PM