Lab Man

Default How do I convert wpd files to Word?

I have a lot of documents that have mysteriously transformed into .wpd files.
They were at one point Word docs. Some may have been originally written in
Word Perfect, and others in Word 6. However, they were all eventually saved
as Word 97 or Word 2000 docs in Office. Now when I attempt to open these wpd
(Word Pad) files, they come up as gibberish. Any help with this delima would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Black Labs Rule
Bob

wpd files are word perfect files - not word pad. These should be able to be
opened using later versions of MS Word then 'save as' something with a .doc
extension.

Unsure why they are turning as gibberish.
/bob

"Lab Man" wrote:

I have a lot of documents that have mysteriously transformed into .wpd files.
They were at one point Word docs. Some may have been originally written in
Word Perfect, and others in Word 6. However, they were all eventually saved
as Word 97 or Word 2000 docs in Office. Now when I attempt to open these wpd
(Word Pad) files, they come up as gibberish. Any help with this delima would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Black Labs Rule

Lab Man

Bob: Thanks, but these file are actually "Word Pad" now. When I open the
document, the "header" gives the correct file name, followed by "Word Pad".
The icon in my "My Documents" also has the correct file name followed by:
..wpd. I'm currently running Office 2000SBE, and I have downloaded the Word
Perfect converter from MS. This is what has me stumped! Some of these files
were originally written in Word Perfect, but were converted to Word. Any
other suggestions?

"Lab Man" wrote:

I have a lot of documents that have mysteriously transformed into .wpd files.
They were at one point Word docs. Some may have been originally written in
Word Perfect, and others in Word 6. However, they were all eventually saved
as Word 97 or Word 2000 docs in Office. Now when I attempt to open these wpd
(Word Pad) files, they come up as gibberish. Any help with this delima would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Black Labs Rule

Lab Man

Thanks for the suggestion. That didn't work, but I tried opening with a
different "files of type", I think it was Word Perfect. It did open in
English! However, the formatting was not as it should be. I'll fiddle with it
some more, and see if it can be properly recovered. Thanks again!