voyageria

Default How do I force an AutoText field to update on document save?

I have a case where we use an AutoText field in a footer to name and
date-stamp reports. As the user fills out the report and saves it, we have
them rename the report template so that it lists their name and the report
date in the file name: ie: yourusername_20050502. We want Word to update the
AutoText field as it saves the document, so the user doesn't have to save the
document, then re-open the document, manually update the field, and then
re-save the document again.

Can we force Word to update the field automatically on a save as, like you
can set the field to update automatically when you print the document?
Bob

You probably have to write some VB code which links to the save action in
order to update all fields.

/bob

"voyageria" wrote:

I have a case where we use an AutoText field in a footer to name and
date-stamp reports. As the user fills out the report and saves it, we have
them rename the report template so that it lists their name and the report
date in the file name: ie: yourusername_20050502. We want Word to update the
AutoText field as it saves the document, so the user doesn't have to save the
document, then re-open the document, manually update the field, and then
re-save the document again.

Can we force Word to update the field automatically on a save as, like you
can set the field to update automatically when you print the document?

Insert source texts into multiple files and update automatically robfer Microsoft Word Help 9 September 12th 07 10:10 PM
How to automatically update TC field "marked text" wmcdan9569 Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 05 08:22 AM
auto update field Shaolin New Users 1 March 11th 05 12:42 AM
Filename field in header - automatically update? Paul Kraemer Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 09:01 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM