Jon

Default Copying the setup of Word to another PC

I've set up my copy of Word so that it's just how I want it, (macros, toolbar
buttons including some I've created myself, keyboard shortcuts). How do I
copy the setup to another PC running Word. Should I just copy the normal.dot
over, or is there more to it than that?

I've read about template bloat, and how to clear it
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/TemplateBloat.htm). The article mentions
compiling the VBA. How do I do this? I thought that VBA was an interpreted
language so didn't need to be compile.

Charles Kenyon

I don't recommend directly copying normal.dot. Instead rename it something
like normalold.dot and put it in the Word Startup folder as a secondary
global template. (Pull duplicate AutoText out of it first.) See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jon" wrote in message
I've set up my copy of Word so that it's just how I want it, (macros,
toolbar
buttons including some I've created myself, keyboard shortcuts). How do I
copy the setup to another PC running Word. Should I just copy the
normal.dot
over, or is there more to it than that?

I've read about template bloat, and how to clear it
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/TemplateBloat.htm). The article
mentions
compiling the VBA. How do I do this? I thought that VBA was an interpreted
language so didn't need to be compile.

Jon

It's sounds incredibly complicated. What's the problem wth directly copying
normal.dot?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...