mtmom

Default Using word and Instant Text problem

I am havging a problem with word communicating with my text expander. I have
a newer CPU that I am now using, but I have the same programs on my other
CPU. I have Windows XP and Office XP 2002 edition.

when I type using the text expander when i go to expand my phrase I will end
up with an extra letter in front of my phrase. I am not sure what the
problem is, but maybe someone can help. I have turned off all of the smart
tag stuff.

Any advice would be GREAT!!!
CyberTaz

Hello mtmom-

Could this possibly be some sort of code character that displays if you have
the Show/Hide ¶ feature active?

If not, you may need to contact the source of your expander & see if they
have an available upgrade that is compatible with Word XP.

Good Luck |:)

"mtmom" wrote:

I am havging a problem with word communicating with my text expander. I have
a newer CPU that I am now using, but I have the same programs on my other
CPU. I have Windows XP and Office XP 2002 edition.

when I type using the text expander when i go to expand my phrase I will end
up with an extra letter in front of my phrase. I am not sure what the
problem is, but maybe someone can help. I have turned off all of the smart
tag stuff.

Any advice would be GREAT!!!

Daiya Mitchell

Under Tools | Options, Edit panel, see if turning off "smart cut and paste"
has any effect. A guess, but if the text expander works by cut and paste,
as one I tried out did, that could affect it.