Yugcam

Default Word keeps changing Language

Okay, this is bugging me seriously now. I have set my language to US English
inside Word and also using the Language Settings. However, it keeps reverting
back to French for some reason. I disabled every language but English, but
French keeps coming back. How do I fix this?

Yugcam

The problem occurs despite the setting. All of a sudden words will appear
with the red underlining, saying they're misspelled. Right-clicking on the
words pops up possible definitions--all French words.

Yugcam wrote:
Okay, this is bugging me seriously now. I have set my language to
US English inside Word and also using the Language Settings.
However, it keeps reverting back to French for some reason. I
disabled every language but English, but French keeps coming back.
How do I fix this?

Yugcam

It's not any particular word. In a paragraph, suddenly a dozen or more words
appear with the red underline, telling me they're misspelled. However,
they're spelled correctly in English, but the spell checker thinks I'm typing
in FRENCH and so doesn't recognize the word. Is there any way to completely
turn off this language thing for good? I'd uninstall it, but knowing the
Microsoft way, it'd probably uninstall ten other things I need. Blecch.

Yugcam wrote:
Okay, this is bugging me seriously now. I have set my language to
US English inside Word and also using the Language Settings.
However, it keeps reverting back to French for some reason. I
disabled every language but English, but French keeps coming back.
How do I fix this?

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm (and make sure
you have disabled "Detect language automatically").

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Clearly the word in question is formatted as French. If you insert an
AutoText or formatted AutoCorrect entry that has been saved in another
language, this will change the language at the insertion point.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Yugcam wrote:
Okay, this is bugging me seriously now. I have set my language

US English inside Word and also using the Language Settings.
However, it keeps reverting back to French for some reason. I
disabled every language but English, but French keeps coming

back.
How do I fix this?

In that case, I have no explanation.

"Yugcam" wrote in message
Yes, yes, and yes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Clearly the word in question is formatted as French. If you

insert
an
AutoText or formatted AutoCorrect entry that has been saved

in
another
language, this will change the language at the insertion

point.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Yugcam wrote:
Okay, this is bugging me seriously now. I have set

my
language
US English inside Word and also using the Language

Settings.
However, it keeps reverting back to French for some

reason.
disabled every language but English, but French

keeps
coming
back.
How do I fix this?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?WXVnY2Ft?=,

Yes. I have done all these things. Numerous times I have selected the entire
document and changed the default language to English, disabled auto detect,
etc. etc.

which VERSION of Word and Windows are we dealing with here?

Do you ever use French in your work?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org