Alfred

Default File changes to Read Only ?

I am working on a network doc in Word 2002, and do a File Save every now and
then with no problem. Somewhere along the way the when doing a File Save (yes
a file save), the dialog box comes up as File Save As, (yes I am hitting the
right key). I hit Cancel cause I do not want another copy of the file, and
now the file is I am working on is (Read Only).
Any Questions, Suggestions would be Great !
Thanks,
Alfred.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Try clearing out your TEMP directory. If there are crashed versions of
these files, Word will assume they're still active and will ask if you
want to save under another name since they are considered read only
until the crash versions are removed.

See this article for info on clearing this folder...

Maintaining Your Computer
http://www.mousetrax.com/maintain.html

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified