bhm7319

Default Exel Table to Word Table

I have an Excel spread sheet, which when I try to paste in Word, some of the
last columns are not pasted. I tried page setup to landscape in Word but same
thing happens. I tried several option in paste but none of them worked. If I
print excel file in landscape layout it prints fine on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Is
there a way to fit excel file to landscape layout (8 1/2 x 11 paper)in Word?
--
Thank you.

Bharat
CyberTaz

Hi bhm-

Make sure the sheet is the topmost sheet when you save & close the Excel
file. If you are doing this in a new file with no other content as yet, start
from within Word. Go to FileOpen and navigate to the directory where the
Excel file is stored. At the bottom of the Open File dialog box change the
File Type to either All Files or
Microsoft Excel Worksheet, then open the file. Click Yes to the 'conversion'
and select the correct sheet from the list in the Open Worksheet dialog box,
then click OK. The sheet will open as an editable Word Table.

*IMPORTANT* - *DO NOT SAVE*, but go to FileSave As and save as a Word Doc,
preferably in another folder. (If you just Save it will corrupt the workbook
file.)

Another option, again from within Word & the insertion point where you want
the Excel content, go to InsertObject. On the Create from File page click
Browse, navigate to & select your Excel file and click Insert, then click OK.
The sheet will be inserted as an embedded object (copy of your Excel file)
which cannot be edited by Word, but Double-Clicking it will open the object
in Excel so you can make any changes to it if/when necessary. (Note: you
could use the Link check box in the Insert Object dialog box if the sheet
needs to be kept up-to-date based on changes that take place in the original
workbook file.)

You might want to look into Object Linking & Embedding in Word Help for more
info.

HTH |:)
"bhm7319" wrote:

I have an Excel spread sheet, which when I try to paste in Word, some of the
last columns are not pasted. I tried page setup to landscape in Word but same
thing happens. I tried several option in paste but none of them worked. If I
print excel file in landscape layout it prints fine on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Is
there a way to fit excel file to landscape layout (8 1/2 x 11 paper)in Word?
--
Thank you.

Bharat

bhm7319

I tried both ways. But I still have problem. There are three radio button
when converting file, Windows Default, MS-DOS and Other Encoding. None of
these choice give me readable file format.

Also when inserting as an object, I miss some columns.

I would appreciate your answer.
--
Thank you.

Bharat