AlanSw23

Default How do I retrive a file I have altered (overwritten) and saved by.

Windows Xp home edition.

Altered a 'word' document then inadvertently used 'save', instead of 'save
as'. How do I revert back to my original document.... i.e. before it was
saved?

Regards

If the document is still open, Undo back to the point where you started,
resave, then Redo everything and Save As. If you have already closed the
file, you're out of luck unless you have Word set to make automatic backups
*and* have saved only once. In that case, display All Files and look for
"Backup of filename.wbk," which will be the previous version. Open it and
save it under another name.

open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
mail merg file list auroracrum Mailmerge 3 March 11th 05 08:45 PM
File Corruption problems Frustrated Page Layout 2 December 3rd 04 09:47 PM
File missing when loading by association Bad Horsey New Users 0 December 2nd 04 04:53 PM
File missing when loading by association Bad Horsey Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 06:33 PM