N.J.

Default Customized Outline Numbering

I have a large agreement that has a numbering scheme (created in html) that
must be maintained when converted to Word.

My level 3 numbers:

(a)
(b)
(c)...(z)

next number must be

(aa)
(ab)
(ac)
(ad), etc.

Word wants to put in (aa), (bb), (cc), etc.

I need suggestions of using field codes, list num, or whatever to force the
above automatic numbering (as this document will be revised and needs to have
the numbering automatically update).

I appreciate any and all assistance. (P.S. I am expert level Word, but
have not encountered this issue before).
Shauna Kelly

Hi N.J.

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MiscFram.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"N.J." wrote in message
I have a large agreement that has a numbering scheme (created in html) that
must be maintained when converted to Word.

My level 3 numbers:

(a)
(b)
(c)...(z)

next number must be

(aa)
(ab)
(ac)
(ad), etc.

Word wants to put in (aa), (bb), (cc), etc.

I need suggestions of using field codes, list num, or whatever to force
the
above automatic numbering (as this document will be revised and needs to
have
the numbering automatically update).

I appreciate any and all assistance. (P.S. I am expert level Word, but
have not encountered this issue before).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
migpics migpics is offline

Hi Shauna,
I don't know too much about using fields and have had a big challenge with
implementing the code mentioned in the link below.

In know you hit Control+F9 and you get brackets where you enter the code,
but after that, nothing happens.
Do you have an "A" to "Z" example about implimenting this? Most of these
examples online don't tell you what to do and it's rather annoying when you
can't go to a page for the full chunk of info.
Thanks

"N.J." wrote in message
I have a large agreement that has a numbering scheme (created in html) that
must be maintained when converted to Word.

My level 3 numbers:

(a)
(b)
(c)...(z)

next number must be

(aa)
(ab)
(ac)
(ad), etc.

Word wants to put in (aa), (bb), (cc), etc.

I need suggestions of using field codes, list num, or whatever to force
the
above automatic numbering (as this document will be revised and needs to
have
the numbering automatically update).

I appreciate any and all assistance. (P.S. I am expert level Word, but
have not encountered this issue before).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See the replies to your other thread in this newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP