frustratedfrank

Default Problem with Bullets in Word 2003

When I press the "Bullet" button the whole document gets bulleted instead of
just the line where the insertion point is. It's driving me insane. Please
help.
Stefan Blom

The article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm
explains why bullets are applied to the entire document.

Note, however, that the safe way to apply bullet or numbering
formatting to text is to use styles. For single-level bullets you can
use the List Bullet style. Similarly, for single-level numbers you can
use the List Number style.

The List Bullet style can be applied very easily: just click
CTRL+SHIFT+L. If you need a different built-in bulleted style or a
numbered style, do the following: Hold the SHIFT key and click the
arrow next to the Style box on the Formatting toolbar; Word will
display all styles, and you can pick the one that suits you.

For outline numbering, follow the instructions at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/OutlineNumbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP