Jason

Default Can these update routines work in Word 2000?

I have 113 individual chapters that will eventually, when put
together, result in a document of 500,000 words. The chapters are
being proof-read separately, which results in pages being added or
deleted. I am keeping a separate document to track these changes and I
am updating it manually e.g.

Chapter 1 - 1-6
Chapter 2 - 7-12
Chapter 3 - 13-20

Etc.

Of course if I add or delete a page from ANY chapter it throws the
page numbers for all the other chapters out of sequence.

Is there a way that MS Word 2000 can update these page numbers
auotmatically? Perhaps by formatting the chapter headings of each
chapter and linking them to the same chapter headings in the page
tracking document? (How should I do this?). Or is there a better way?

Also - there is a glossary for this document. Every time an obscure
word or term appears in one of the chapters I have to update the
glossary manually. But, can this too be done on the fly?

TIA for any advice received. Much obliged.

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Shauna Kelly

Hi Jason

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MiscFram.htm in the section

[...]