Andy

Default Can Runtime Version Save Document

Hi;

Can a runtime version of Word save an edited document?

Are there any obstacles?

Thank You.

Andy

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 7 May 2005 08:49:45 -0400, "Andy"
wrote:

Hi;

Can a runtime version of Word save an edited document?

Are there any obstacles?

Thank You.

Andy

I assume you're referring to the Word Viewer
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en).
No, it can't save -- in fact, it can't edit, either. It's for viewing
and printing only. The "obstacle" is that the code for editing and
saving simply isn't there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Andy

Jay;

Thank You for Your reply.

Not referring to Word Viewer, can a run-time version of Word save an edited
document?

Andy.

wrote:

Hi;

Can a runtime version of Word save an edited document?

Are there any obstacles?

Thank You.

Andy

I assume you're referring to the Word Viewer

(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4c87-8732-48d5
-8689-ab826e7b8fdf&DisplayLang=en).
No, it can't save -- in fact, it can't edit, either. It's for viewing
and printing only. The "obstacle" is that the code for editing and
saving simply isn't there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Andy

Gentlemen;

I am just as confused as You.

Was speaking of Words' VBA "Package and Deployment Wizard"

With MSAccess the entire database and all of it's code can be run on a
computer that DOES NOT have MSAccess. All that is required is to goto Viual
Basic Editor, click on "Add-Ins" click on "Package and Deployment Wizard"
when You run the wizard it will include all of the files that are necessary
to run the entire application with out the user's computer having MSAcess
installed. It is called a "Run-Time" version.

Is it the same way with MSWord? And if it is can a "Run-Time" version of
Word save a document and/or template.

Thank You for Your replies.

Andy

wrote:

Hi;

Can a runtime version of Word save an edited document?

Are there any obstacles?

Thank You.

Andy

I assume you're referring to the Word Viewer

(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4c87-8732-48d5
-8689-ab826e7b8fdf&DisplayLang=en).
No, it can't save -- in fact, it can't edit, either. It's for viewing
and printing only. The "obstacle" is that the code for editing and
saving simply isn't there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Andy,

There isn't a Word Runtime version as there is
in Access. You can use the Word viewer, MS Windows Wordpad
(depending on document formatting), MS Word or a number
of 3rd party apps that can open and in some cases edit
..DOC files.

What are you trying to achieve?

=======
"Andy" wrote in message ...

Gentlemen;

I am just as confused as You.

Was speaking of Words' VBA "Package and Deployment Wizard"

With MSAccess the entire database and all of it's code can be run on a
computer that DOES NOT have MSAccess. All that is required is to goto Viual
Basic Editor, click on "Add-Ins" click on "Package and Deployment Wizard"
when You run the wizard it will include all of the files that are necessary
to run the entire application with out the user's computer having MSAcess
installed. It is called a "Run-Time" version.

Is it the same way with MSWord? And if it is can a "Run-Time" version of
Word save a document and/or template.

Thank You for Your replies.

Andy
--