XYZ

Default Setting a keyboard shortcut key.

How can I set a shortcut key or combination of keys to change the font being
used (Arial) to Times New Roman? I copy a great deal of data from a web site
into a Word document for a course of study I am doing. The copyied date is
Arial and I need to transfer it into Times New Roman. Can someone assist me
with this? Thank you. CTE
--
72 years young & new PC user-ignorent however I am trying to learn. Never
stop learning new things as it keeps one young.

Shauna Kelly

Hi XYZ

The best way to proceed is to define a style to be formatted the way you
want it. If it's just basic Body Text, you could use the built-in Body Text
style.

There's information about how to modify a style at
How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

You can then allocate a shortcut key to the style. For example, I always use
Alt-b t for Body Text. To do that, Tools Customize. Click Keyboard. In the
Categories list, choose Styles. In the Styles list, choose the style you
chose. In the "Press new shortcut key" box, type your shortcut key. GIven
that you want the shortcut to be available to all documents you work on, in
the Save changes in box, choose "Normal.dot". Now, click the Assign button
to assign the shortcut to the style.

If you're later asked whether you want to save changes to normal.dot, say
yes.

There is some good information about built-in shortcut keys for various
purposes, including styles, at
Some of the most useful Word shortcuts
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Shortcuts.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"XYZ" wrote in message
How can I set a shortcut key or combination of keys to change the font
being
used (Arial) to Times New Roman? I copy a great deal of data from a web
site
into a Word document for a course of study I am doing. The copyied date is
Arial and I need to transfer it into Times New Roman. Can someone assist
me
with this? Thank you. CTE
--
72 years young & new PC user-ignorent however I am trying to learn. Never
stop learning new things as it keeps one young.

The style really is the better way to go (and what I would have suggested if
I'd been thinking straight). In fact, however, you may already have this
shortcut:

1. If the imported text is in Normal style, then Ctrl+Spacebar will return
it to the default font (which is 12-pt TNR).

2. If it is some other style, then Ctrl+Shift+N will apply Normal style.