vrk1

Default Words / Lines overlap after hitting Enter within a table in Word!!

I have a simple 6x2 word table with text information inside. When I hit
enter in any row, the words get doubled after I hit enter....It is difficult
to explain this problem unless someone sees the actual screenshot of this
problem.

For instance, if the document in a table looks like this below:

Line 1
Line 2

After I hit enter, it becomes:

Line 1
XXXXX
Line 2

Where XXXX is the spot where the top portion of the phrase "Line 2" gets
repeated. Also, the lines within the Table overlap with eachother.

If you need a screenshot of this problem, please send me your email address
and I will send you the attachment. I dont see a place where I can attach my
files within this newsgroup.

This is what I tried so far, with no luck:

1. Attempted to increase the refresh rate on the display adapter settings on
OS - this did not help.
2. This problem happens in just one PC. I am not able to recreate this
problem in another pc.
3. Reinstalled Office 2000 with the latest service pack after removing Word
2000 completely.

I would appreciate any suggestions to resolve this problem. Thank you.
Shauna Kelly

Hi vrk1

When this problem occurs, does it happen near the end of a page? If so, try
scrolling up or down, away from the table. Does the problem repair itself?

If so, then it's a problem that I've seen lots of times in Word 2000. For
what it's worth, it appears to have been solved in Word 2002 and 2003,
although that doesn't help you much. It's just a display issue. Word gets
confused about how to display the text, but the text itself is just fine.
It's annoying, but we can live with it.

Or is Word really inserting extra text into the table? That is, even when
you save and re-open the file, the extra text is there?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"vrk1" wrote in message
[...]

vrk1

Shauna,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. The problem appears at the top of the page, middle and also at the end of
the page...no specific region associated with this.

2. The problem does not repair itself. However, if I highlight the entire
table and click on the first row..the problem goes away.

3. When I save the file and open it again - the problem disappears. Its not
actually inserting text into the document.

Do you think this problem is fixable in Word 2000?

Thanks for your response.

"vrk1" wrote in message
[...]

Shauna Kelly

Hi vrk1

So we know that the text in the document itself isn't changing, so it's just
a display issue.

So either the display problem is coming from Word, in which case you can't
fix it. Working in Normal View using View Normal might help, but you will
lose the display of some objects.

Or, the display problem is with your graphics driver. Try downloading a new
driver for your graphics card from the website of the manufacturer of the
graphics card.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

news

"vrk1" wrote in message
[...]

vrk1

Thank you Shauna. I will try loading a new display driver and see if this
fixes the problem.

Appreciate your help.

"vrk1" wrote in message
[...]

vrk1

Hi Shauna,

I tried reloading the display driver and this did not help! Any other
suggestions please?

thanks

"vrk1" wrote in message
[...]

garfield-n-odie

I suggest you stop wasting people's time by posting pointless
test messages when you are clearly able to post real messages,
read replies to your messages, and post replies to those replies.