ciwrites

Default replacing text

I used to be able to highlight text and then write over it with new text. Why
can't I do that in the new Word? I now have to hightlight and delete first,
which adds a lot of steps since I do a lot of rewriting. Thank you for any
suggestions.
Greg Maxey

ToolsOptionsEditTyping replaces selection

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

ciwrites wrote:
I used to be able to highlight text and then write over it with new
text. Why can't I do that in the new Word? I now have to hightlight
and delete first, which adds a lot of steps since I do a lot of
rewriting. Thank you for any suggestions.

Replacing selected text Tristazee Microsoft Word Help 12 April 28th 10 09:36 AM
Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 04:49 AM
Replacing selected text Dave New Users 2 January 26th 05 06:06 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
replacing text in templates ted medin New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:50 PM