The Aga Cookery Doctor

Default Deleting items in the Work Menu in WORD?

How do I delete items in my Work Menu in WORD? This menu is one you can add
using "customise" and "built-in menus" in Commands the Tools menu. It
enables you to have a useful list of commonly used files a bit like the ones
that you can have added to the end of the main File menu, but these don't get
moved on as you open other files when looking around for old material etc.

Thanks for anyone who can shed light on this.

Richard
Greg Maxey

Richard,

Use the "terminator" cursor. I call it the terminator because it will
terminate any menu command you click with it.

Press CTRL+ALT+the hyphen/underscore key. The cursor converts to a thick
hyphen. Open the Work menu and click with this cursor.

Press ESC to terminate the terminator.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

The Aga Cookery Doctor wrote:
How do I delete items in my Work Menu in WORD? This menu is one you
can add using "customise" and "built-in menus" in Commands the Tools
menu. It enables you to have a useful list of commonly used files a
bit like the ones that you can have added to the end of the main File
menu, but these don't get moved on as you open other files when
looking around for old material etc.

Thanks for anyone who can shed light on this.

Richard

Charles Kenyon

The work menu is one of my favorites but is no longer documented. See
http://addbalance.com/word/workmenu.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon