KeesW

Default style duplication

How come Word allows two versions of the same named style in the one
document? It happens when documents are important and can really make a mess
of a document.
--
KeesW
3.0GHzP4, XP Pro, Office 2003
Shauna Kelly

Hi Kees

Two questions:

1. Are the styles named exactly the same (eg Heading 1 and Heading 1)? Or
are they similar but slightly different (eg Heading 1 and Heading 1 Char)?

2. Where are you seeing the styles listed? For example, is this in at Format
Styles and Formatting, or at Tools Templates and Add-ins Organizer, or

from the styles box on the toolbar?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word