Ian Wolfe

Default AddressLayout

My elderly neighbour has recently bought a Dell with Win XP Pro and
Word 2002. In trying to help her permanently remove the UK/USA from
the end of the addresses in Word (Tools Envelopes & Labels etc),
I've tried to do it in the same way as for my own Word 2000 but this
doesn't seem to work.

Please how can I do this? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Ian Wolfe

In message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See “WD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901 (works for all versions).

Many thanks for your very speedy reply. That's exactly what I've been
doing - I had the instructions previously printed out for my own
Word2000, but I can't get them to work on Word2002. What else could be
stopping it? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Hmm. I'm afraid I don't know, as I've never used this (I don't use the
Envelopes dialog at all). Perhaps see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/EnvelopeFormat.htm (not sure if it
covers this, though).

"Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
In message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901 (works for all versions).

Many thanks for your very speedy reply. That's exactly what I've been
doing - I had the instructions previously printed out for my own
Word2000, but I can't get them to work on Word2002. What else could be
stopping it? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Graham Mayor

Try the following layout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

I am pretty sure that Outlook normally suppresses the country part of the
address for the home country set in Windows regional setting.

Ian Wolfe wrote:
In message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901 (works for all versions).

Many thanks for your very speedy reply. That's exactly what I've been
doing - I had the instructions previously printed out for my own
Word2000, but I can't get them to work on Word2002. What else could be
stopping it? TIA.

GR

Graham's solution worked just fine for me. Because I do not need it, I
deleted the Company Name from the layout. Word prints the "Country" only if
a country is entered in the Outlook Contact address box.
GR

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Try the following layout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

I am pretty sure that Outlook normally suppresses the country part of the
address for the home country set in Windows regional setting.

Ian Wolfe wrote:
In message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901 (works for all versions).

Many thanks for your very speedy reply. That's exactly what I've been
doing - I had the instructions previously printed out for my own
Word2000, but I can't get them to work on Word2002. What else could be
stopping it? TIA.

Graham Mayor

The curly brackets in the sequence will cause a company name to be omitted
with no blank line if there is no company listed in the Outlook entry. Word
should only print what is shown in Outlook's 'detailed address card' view,
which in turn is controlled by Windows regional settings.

GR wrote:
Graham's solution worked just fine for me. Because I do not need it,
I deleted the Company Name from the layout. Word prints the "Country"
only if a country is entered in the Outlook Contact address box.
GR

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Try the following layout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

I am pretty sure that Outlook normally suppresses the country part
of the address for the home country set in Windows regional setting.