Jodi

Default ../../ hyperlink error

I am opening a document in Word XP that was created in an earlier version and
the hyperlinks are not working. They have ../../../../ as the begining of
the path no matter how many times I try to re-create them. When it is
emailed it changes to C:\my documents\...

I thought I had read a while ago that this is a known issue, but I am not
able to find anything about it now. any thoughts?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jodi,

It can depend on what version of Word created the
hyperlink, among other things, plus Word has a bad
habit of in some cases modifying the links when
fields are updated (Tools=OPtions=General=Web Options

This article may help but it's possible that the links
were already 'relative' when the document was saved in
the prior version.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;326518&FR=1

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

I thought I had read a while ago that this is a known issue, but I am not
able to find anything about it now. any thoughts?

Help! I'm getting error messages too much-can't open Resume Wizard LizLB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 05 01:46 AM
Data Execution Prevention Error Frank Microsoft Word Help 0 April 27th 05 03:33 AM
Error Message on Opening Word Suzi Microsoft Word Help 2 February 21st 05 09:53 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM