roachmj

Default absolute vs relative links

In Word2002 I can't seem to get anything other than relative links for other
files on a server. Isn't there an option to tell it to make it an absolute
link? If I type in the full path it will work, but is there a way to tell it
I want absolute, not relative?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cm9hY2htag==?=,

In Word2002 I can't seem to get anything other than relative links for other
files on a server. Isn't there an option to tell it to make it an absolute
link? If I type in the full path it will work, but is there a way to tell it
I want absolute, not relative?

I don't think there is, if the document is saved in the same folder as the files
to which you're linking. You might try saving the document locally while setting
it up with the links. And make sure the "Update links on save" is OFF in
Tools/Options/General/Web options/Files

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Word attempts to mimic HTML construction when it creates
links. If the link is not fully qualified (i.e. absolute=defined)
then 'relative' is to be from the point where the page is
opened, except where a Hyperlink Base BASE=... statement is set.
In Word you set the base through File=Properties.

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)