Robert Wonish

Default Removing IRM?

i recently emailed a document i was working on at home to my office computer.
When i opened it, i was prompted to download IRM software. I am running
Office 2003 Professional at work. i chose not to download IRM at this time.

Now, on the print preview button, i have a small red circle with a white
dash in the middle of it. when ever i attempt to print preview a document,
regardless of if it is created on my office computer, i am prompted to
download the IRM software. i have attempted at one time to download the IRM
but it did not remove the red circle or fix anything.

My goal: i would like to remove any references to IRM and be able to use my
print preview button.

i can't understand why i have to download IRM software to be able to preview
a document i create on a single computer using word when i will not be
sharing it with anyone.

if anyone can provide any assistance as to how to go back to reset word so
that it will not prompt me to download IRM i would appreciate it.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Um9iZXJ0IFdvbmlzaA==?=,

You'd need to open the document on the machine where it was created, and remove
any IRM there. Ask the IT department at your office for assistence. If IRM is
activated there, it's probably for a reason.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)