Ian Silber

Default Remove Password from Microsoft Word Manually

Does anyone know how to decrypt a password set to a Microsoft Word document.
I do not want to use a password cracking program that runs through every
single combonation, because it could take a month. I set a password to this
document about a year ago and I can't remember it for the life of me, but I
remember it being up to or around 15 characters long.

Any ideas?

---------------------------
Ian Silber
Graham Mayor

There is no backdoor. The whole point of the password is to prevent access
to the documents. Long and complex passwords take a long time to decrypt by
the brute force methods you dismiss. That's the way it is. However, if you
did not apply one of the stronger encryptions modes you *may* be able to
view the content in notepad. This does not always work.

Ian Silber wrote:
Does anyone know how to decrypt a password set to a Microsoft Word
document. I do not want to use a password cracking program that runs
through every single combination, because it could take a month. I