Julie

Default How do I change the text in a scanned document

I scanned a document to Word, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how
to change any of the text in it.
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Did you scan it as text ot a photo?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Julie" wrote in message
I scanned a document to Word, but for the life of me I cannot figure out
how
to change any of the text in it.

TF

Julie

Scanning takes a 'snapshot' of whatever you have in the scanner: so in its
raw scanned state it is a graphic. To be able to edit it, it must be
converted into text again using a utility called OCR (optical character
recognition). Every scanner that I have installed has had an OCR utility
included with the bundled software - though often this is either a cut down
version or not the current version of the software. Check out your
installation guide and see what came with your scanner.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Insert, edit and delete text in protected document homeofbonnie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 02:31 PM
Auto text at the beginning of each new document Oregon Old Guy Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 05 06:29 AM
How do I print a document showing change bars in the margin but n. mburns2 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 02:30 AM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM