Jeff

Default Style problems with copy and paste

My wife is copying some footnotes from one document to another, all on Word
98. Problem is that the appear when pasted as "Footnote reference" style.
She does not want them formatted as footnotes in the new doc and here is
where she has a problem: it is very difficult for her to change them to
"normal" style. Selecting the text and then clicking on "Normal" in the
style box usually does not work to change the style. Even selecting
everything (Ctrl-A), does not work. And then for no clear reason whatever
she does succeeds in changing the style to normal.

It's very frustrating for her, which means it is very frustrating to me.:-)
How can she reliably change the style of a pasted footnote reference text?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam

TF

Jeff

You may get a better response by posting this in public.Office.Mac.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: It's very frustrating for her, which means it is very frustrating to
me.:-)
: How can she reliably change the style of a pasted footnote reference text?
:
: Thanks.
:
: --
:
: Jeff Stevens
: Email address deliberately false to avoid spam
:
:
:
:
:

Jeff

Thanks, but this is not a MAC. I realize I misspoke. It is the Word from MS
Office 97 (not 98). I use a later version and therefore got the version
number wrong.

--

"Jeff" wrote in message
[...]

When i copy and paste words its pasting just= Hello! Dida Microsoft Word Help 1 April 29th 05 09:52 AM
Copy & Paste from Web to Word '03 Mrmars Microsoft Word Help 3 February 12th 05 04:19 PM
copy paste without losing style Rob Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 05 10:11 AM
Copy and paste jrh Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 08:54 PM
Very Slow Copy and Paste Growler Microsoft Word Help 0 January 3rd 05 09:35 PM